The Missoula Nordic Ski Club grooms the cross country ski trails at the Pattee Canyon Picnic Area (Lolo National Forest), Lubrecht Forest (University of Montana), and the Rattlesnake Recreation Area (Lolo National Forest). Snow and grooming information for these and a number of other western Montana XC areas is available by clicking on the Snow Grooming tab above. Our ZANY youth ski program helps kids learn to ski. See the calendar listing below for other activities. The club is supported by membership dues and donations. Click on the membership tab above to join.
The club has committed to an agreement that will continue groomed nordic skiing at Lolo Pass. Under the agreement, the Powell Ranger District will pay the Missoula Snowgoers to groom the current trails, and the Ski Club has provided volunteer help to work on the trails. We have had two successful work days at Lolo Pass on Oct. 11 and Oct. 18 and another successful work party at Lubrecht on Nov. 1. We thank the volunteers who participated.
Logging is scheduled at the Pattee Canyon picnic area. See the Pattee Canyon topic of the Snow Grooming tab for more details.
We need volunteers: click on the volunteer tab for opportunities.
Event highlights for 2014-2015 (see the calendar tab for more events and more details):
- Tour of the 31 kilometers of new multi-use ski trails Dec. 20. Chief Joseph Ski trails. http://bitterrootxcskiclub.net/?page_id=1664
- Blacktail Bash Nordic Races Dec. 28. Blacktail trails near Lakeside. Skating 3, 10, 25K. Chad Castren at castrenc@cyberp
ort.net or 257-2381
- OSCR Jan. 31, 2015. Seeley Lake. 50K, 25K, 10K freestyle. http://www.seeleylakenordic.org/
- Kettlehouse pint night: Feb. 11 at the Northside Kettlehouse
- Skiesta kid's race: Feb. 14. Seeley Lake Ski trails. 10k, 5k, 3k,skate and classic, and a 1k "cookie race". Details coming.
- Peter Hale Race. Feb. 21. Seeley Lake area.
- Lolo to Lochsa Race: March 14. (Note the date change due to a conflict with the Peter Hale race.)